Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Things we love: What's Up Moms

I'm obsessed.

It started the other day while on a play date with my kids when I referenced a parody video I saw on Facebook about friends without kids. I remember laughing at the video and wanted to watch it again and pulled up Google to find it.

What I discovered was a website about three moms who are passionate about making short, useful videos about life, food and crafts. They call it What's Up Moms.

I started with the friends with no kids video (which I forwarded to my play date friend). Then was directed to a mod podge animal canvas DIY (which I sent to my sister). Then another canvas DIY (which I sent to my friend)... You get the idea.

Before I knew it two hours had passed. And I just wanted more. More videos. More tips. More! More! More!

It turns out that these moms post videos frequently.  Meg posts a new tip related to kids in the kitchen every Monday. Elle posts a vlog about life lessons every Wednesday. And Brooke posts a DIY every Friday.

I'm hooked. I've subscribed to their Facebook page, their YouTube videos, and have added them as a read on my blog so I never miss another video.  

This week I've made mod podge animal canvases with Mya (which are now hanging in her room), made homemade fruit roll ups with Jasper (ok, I burnt the first batch, but both kids still loved them), and have spent hours upon hours learning more useful tips, recipes and DIY projects. I can't wait to go back to the grocery store so I can make Meg's homemade mozzarella sticks - Yum!

I'm obsessed and can't wait for the next video.  Great job What's Up Moms!! Click on my link above to check them out.

Melanie





No comments:

Post a Comment